Monday, November 26, 2007

The Monads ++ Hot Stove Banter ++ B.B.Jr.


I hope everyone had a nice holiday. Mine was the same as it always is: too much binge drinking/eating. While nothing particularly crazy went off, I did happen catch a pretty cool St. Louis band I'd never heard of, The Monads. They play sweaty bluegrass punk music. You can smell the whiskey seeping from their pores as they abuse their banjo, violin, guitar, harmonicas and upright bass. Head on over to their site and see for yourself.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, the baseball season may be over but this is one of my favorite times of the year. The hot stove chitter chatter always interests me [and distracts me when I should be hard at work]. For those interested in every ounce of trade gossip ever whispered, head on over to MLBTraderumors. Odds are the Cardinals won't even make a big move, but it's still fun to hear who's movin' and shakin'. Plus, the winter meetings are right around the corner so there's surely gonna be some juicy gossip.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And I almost forgot, Bloodshot recently sent me the newest Bobby Bare Jr. It's sweet. Snatch the opening track off this rockin' honky-tonk banger below. It rips.

Bobby Bare Jr. - the heart bionic

No comments: