Sunday, December 02, 2007

Cover Me: Holland, 1945


I've always loved this Neutral Milk Hotel classic. Whenever I hear it, I feel like I'm swerving around on a roller coaster, drunk as hell, smiling my ass off. Why I get that feeling, I have no idea. It's just one of those captivating tunes that kinda does funny things to ya.

I really didn't know what to think when I picked up Jason Isbell's version this one. If memory serves me correctly, he performed this back in his Truckers days. Probably to start off one of their encores, or maybe during a solo show. Regardless, I still think this is an interesting tune for this particular artist to cover. As odd as [I think] it may be, it friggin' works.

Neutral Milk Hotel - holland, 1945
Jason Isbell - holland, 1945

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm watching the Patriots steal one from the Ravens on Monday Night Football right now. Talk about a freaking heartbreaker. Brian Billick's a jerk!

Coming off a super-fun weekend which included fun times with THE Michael Bauer [which included sparklers at 3:00 a.m.] and drunken Karaoke with the usual suspects [kudos on "Purple Rain" KBO]. NIZE!

No comments: