Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Guess I'm Gonna Have to Head to Chicago...


Word on the (E) street is that our man Bruce and the E Street band have a new album coming out on October 2. BOSS! It's their first album in 5 years.You think that's cool, well you can also surf on over to the iTunes store and download the first single off the album for FREE. That's right, f-r-e-e!

The track is totally wicked and I encourage you to check it out. It's kinda got this "867-5309" riff along with that soulful grit Bruce always spits out. Great tune man. Did I mention that it's free at the iTunes store? How often do they give away tunes this sweet? Almost never.

The good news doesn't stop there. Bruce and the E Street band are gonna take their show to the streets. Head over here for the dates. The closest they're coming to the Lou is the City of Wind, so I guess I'm heading up there in late October.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Dudes Mag party was a blast. All the bands rocked it and a bunch of mags and T-shirts were sold. Make sure you pick up your copy if you haven't already.

On an unrelated note, CBGB founder Hilly Kristal passed away. R.I.P. bud. Thanks for everything (i.e. breaking the Ramones, Television, Talking Heads, and a bunch of others).

Other than that, things are going good around here. I just got a new job with a firm here in St. Louie and I'm workin' at a nice little bar in the heart of Lemay. All is well for now...

No comments: