Friday, March 30, 2007

Farewell: FIFTH HOUR HERO


Fifth Hour Hero, a truly awesome punk rock outfit from Montreal, just broke up. Kinda sucks cos I was just recently turned on to them and was looking forward to future albums. You can read a lengthy statement as to why they're hanging it up here, but it's basically the same ol' story: it's hard to be an underappreciated punk band; not to mention, financially draining.

Here's a review of their last album I wrote up for the greatest magazine in the world:

Fifth Hour Hero - Not Revenge...Just a Vicious Crush (No Idea Records)
I’d been hearing a lot about this band but never got around to checking them out. I was truly missing out. Not Revenge…is about as good as any punk rock album that’s come out in the past few years. Singer/guitarist Genevieve Tremblay’s guttural, yet soothing, vocals fit perfectly with the rest of the band’s melodic punk rock riffs and upbeat tempos. For fans of Small Brown Bike, Discount, and the Lawrence Arms.

Fifth Hour Hero - my sympathies
Fifth Hour Hero - everthing i won't miss
Fifth Hour Hero - cut me dead

R.I.P. Fifth Hour Hero.

No comments: