Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Anticipating SXSW...


The sxsw music festival is right around the corner and I'm starting to get excited. I doubt I'll get to go for the next few years on account of moving back to the StL, so I'm going to make the best of this one. Don't get me wrong, I ain't gonna drop $3-hundo on a badge; I'll be hitting all the free day parties, as usual.

As usual, the list of bands is truly impressive [500 and counting]. Posted below are some of the acts I'm particularly amped to see.

  • Against Me! - problems

  • Apostle of Hustle - rafaga! [recommended!]

  • Bishop Allen - click click click

  • Black Lips - i've got a knife

  • the Good, the Bad & the Queen - history song [via a.d.]

  • Voxtrot - mothers, sisters, daughters & wives


  • Stay tuned for more sxsw updates and reviews from the festival...

    UPDATE: An official preliminary list of bands has been posted.

    No comments: