Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Halloweenin'


My bad... I've neglected the back porch for the past week and for that, I apologize. I do have a pretty sweet post brewin' though [hopefully].

I love this time of the year, musically. Every year when October spookily creeps up, a bunch of old albums find their way into my rotation that are sometimes neglected throughout the remainder of the year [read: misfits, blue meanies, oingo boingo].

Anyway, to hold y'all over, I offer a Halloween masterpiece. The North American Halloween Prevention Initiative may not sound too familiar, when in fact, they really are. Picking up where Band Aid left off, N.A.H.P.I. is a project led by members of the Unicorns with help/cameos by Beck, Arcade Fire, Sonic Youth, David Cross, Feist, Peaches, Devandra Banhart, Jenny Lewis and Blake (Rilo Kiley), Karen O (YYY's), Les Savy Fav, and last but certainly not least, ELVIRA!!!

ENJOY, BOYS AND GHOULS:

North American Halloween Prevention Initiative - do they know it's halloween? [via alienhits]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the link - I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

Useless Michael said...

i'm wishing you and yours a spooktacular halloween season! that song is pretty decent. i dig. what you think of that bruce album?